WANTED: Creative Director
Do you love creating podcasts — the ideation, the writing, working with talent and clients, recording, editing, building a budget and schedule… and the satisfaction of staying true to both? That’s what we do for enlightened companies who want to give their customers entertaining and informative content, not just ask them to buy something. We’re looking for someone with podcasting experience who would also enjoy telling great stories that connect people and brands. Sound That Brands is an exciting new podcast business, producing original audio content. As Creative Director, you will have an excellent opportunity to grow as we do, and we’re growing fast.
Current Job Openings
We’re looking for an exceptional VP, Revenue and Brand Partnerships who will play a key role on the leadership team, helping to set strategy and direction. Reporting to our CEO, this role will be responsible for driving the company’s revenue through new and existing business opportunities. We are looking for a thought leader who can raise the market awareness of Sound that Brand’s value proposition, while facilitating & securing brand partnerships.
- Build a Brand Partnerships strategy from the ground up; Identify and prioritize new revenue opportunities and develop a strategy for closing new business accounts.
- Raise market awareness of Sound That Brands’ value proposition via agency & client-direct engagement, as well as attending relevant industry events and trade shows.
- Develop and manage relationships with key referral partners.
- Build and nurture new relationships at every level within client organizations, understand their needs and deliver Sound That Brands solutions that meet them.
- Initiate and attend a high volume of new business meetings per month; understanding the customer category, brand and business objectives of each new client to uncover opportunities and position Sound That Brands’ content solutions to meet these objectives.
- Demonstrate a track record of achieving measurable revenue growth and meeting revenue goals.
- Partner with content development team throughout the sales process to shorten the sales cycle and effectively increase new business wins.
- Partner with internal team and outside resources on presentation material, proposals, meeting agendas and follow-up.
- Utilize a CRM system to track and report activities and pipeline.
- Utilize an effective account management system.
- Utilize existing sales and marketing collateral to prepare for new business presentations.
- Manage a pipeline and adjust daily activity to meet forecasted target numbers.
- Manage relationships with senior partners and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Attend regular sales and staff meetings.
- Travel for client/agency meetings will be required.
- Maintain effective inter-departmental relationships.
- 5-10+ years of sales experience with proven track record in introducing new solutions to agencies and clients, and opening up new revenue streams.
- Proven experience working with brands and marketing executives that resulted in measurable revenue growth.
- Established relationships with relevant clients and agencies, as well as a strong understanding of agency planning and buying cycles.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills and an ability to concisely communicate, both in writing and verbally, complex concepts to clients and management.
- Strong understanding of marketing and how various media work together to create results for an advertiser.
- Must have an understanding of what kind of brands will share our mission and a passion for content marketing.
- Creative thinker and problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Drive to build the business with a high level of enthusiasm and the capacity to overcome obstacles.
- Podcast Sales Experience a plus.
- BA/BS required. MBA a plus.
Sound That Brands is a podcast development business based in LA, with clients across the nation. We tell great stories that connect people and brands. Using a proprietary process to create, execute and measure audio-based marketing strategies, Sound That Brands partners with clients to engage audiences through full length, branded podcasts and other brand-aligned audio content for the podcast marketplace. We believe that every product or service has a compelling message to share and our job is to bring that message to life. Sound That Brands has deep roots in audio and is supported and managed by industry leaders. Part of our mission is to use the power of storytelling to inform, entertain, and uplift consumers and brands. We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and on getting measurable results for our client partners.
Sound That Brands is part of the Emmis Communications Corporation family of companies. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.